Friday, August 14, 2009

GHAJINI

* This is the original work of Achyut Telang and you may not reproduce or distribute this information in whole or in part and all photos, images etc on this blog post cannot be copied, edited, reproduced or used without the prior written permission of Achyut Telang.

 
Just recently I saw the movie Ghajini. For those of you who might not know, Ghajini was originally a south Indian movie made similar to Memento. And this movie was made in Hindi with the other actors and the team being the same except the main actor. The actor in the hindi movie Ghajini was Aamir Khan- the 'perfectionist'
And what a perfectionist he is! Initially he was skeptical about playing this role but others convinced him and he made a wise choice. For this he underwent one year of training to build up the kind of body required for this role.
Below is the portrait I have made from the movie Ghajini:

* NOTE : Click on the drawing for a larger and better view.

MY DRAWING OF AAMIR KHAN IN GHAJINI

Ever since I saw this movie, I have not been able to get it completely out of my mind. And this movie being directly a remake of the south indian movie, they have kept it the same except the last half an hour. It contains a bit too much of violence and is a little gory though, but is essential for a theme of revenge.

The story itself is interesting and something that the audiences would not have come across much- the concept of Anterograde amnesia, called 'short-term memory loss' in the movie in the layman's language. A man affected by this disorder, who forgets everything after 15 minutes, seeking to take revenge of his beloved!..........

It was emotional and also touching many a times, mainly due to the sincerity of Aamir Khan. That is one thing for which I would recommend this movie to everyone. I really admire such sincerity which two actors in Bollywood definitely possess that come to my mind- Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan. Obviously Amitabh Bachchan is always there but for me the tag of 'perfectionist' and 'the most sincere' would be for these two.
Sincerity comes through everything and directly touches your heart. And this quality was what made me do this portrait and I tried to show the same sincerity here too and hopefully I have done justice to it. I wouldn't say it's perfect or as best as it could be, still I tried and am happy with my effort. I was motivated to do it and would constantly listen to the song 'Tu meri adhuri pyaas' from this movie while making this portrait to surround myself by that environment that I required to make this portrait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fact - For the look in Ghajini, Aamir Khan used to work out around 4 hours/day, had 16 egg whites/day, used to do 1000 crunches, in the last week cut down salt and in the last 3 days took just a glass of water/day!

61 comments:

iriegal said...

An excellent piece. You do excellent work!

Achyut Telang said...

@ iriegal,
Hey, Thanks for the first comment on this...I am glad people have already started noticing it so soon...I just put it up..

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

Is that you in the picture? Very nice.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Awesome!! I showed it to my sister too! She said it is nice. If you like to earn more then join this.
https://instantlyptc.com/?r=mukund2081990

Achyut Telang said...

@ LVS,
I have made the picture, the picture is not mine..

Achyut Telang said...

@ Mukund,
Thanks a lot for the comments and the compliments!

Anonymous said...

You are very talented. I love to draw with pencil but cannot do portraits - the proportions are off enough that my faces look mutant. LOL!

Achyut Telang said...

@ Mary Swanson,
I would like to see your work of art...

Anonymous said...

Is this your work?? Did you made this picture? Its really good

Anonymous said...

hey did u make dis picture......? amazing drawing

Achyut Telang said...

@ Hiral Nipurn Yes, I made this portrait...thanks for the comment...you can check out my other portraits too on my blog page

Achyut Telang said...

@ Vicky, Yes, I made this recently.....Glad you liked it. :)

Anonymous said...

amazing work dude..!!!

Achyut Telang said...

@ Mandeep Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good to have a room mate like him....but i do not know when he will make my sketch...Just kidding...dude....Actually you yourself do not know how much qualities you have...hats off to you.....Rajesh...

Achyut Telang said...

@ Rajesh- Enjoying, What can I say??!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Achyut.....Grt work man.....Its Really a wonderful pic.....

Anonymous said...

u r a genius dude...creativity at its very best....!!!

Anonymous said...

Gr8 work buddy..!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

great sketch.....anushkala dakhavale tujhe sketch.... she is impressed with her MAMA :-)

Anonymous said...

Simply Great yaar ..... Awesome

Anonymous said...

its the best creativity i have seen

Achyut Telang said...

@ Rajat, AB, Rohan,
Thanks a lot...appreciate your comments! :)

Achyut Telang said...

@ aditya, Ha ha...Hope Anushka's brother likes it too....of course till he is old enough to understand!

Anonymous said...

dont waste ur talent on drawing for rajesh :)..n needless to say gr8 pic!!

Anonymous said...

gr8 sketch man...its too good....keep it up....

Achyut Telang said...

@ Sunny, Tushar, Thank you for the wonderful comments..

Achyut Telang said...

@ Pinaky, Any sentence that you write or speak if it does not have something funny, it is incomplete......But I enjoy your sense of humour in everything....Thanks.

Anonymous said...

mind blastinggggggggggggggg achyut ghajini telang

Anonymous said...

i never knew u r such gr8 artist....excellent work dude..[:)]

Achyut Telang said...

Thanks Abhishek! :)

Achyut Telang said...

@ Vikalp, Ha ha...Thanks for the comment but I don't really want my middle name to be that of a villain!!!

Anonymous said...

gr8..wrk yaar .........haatts off..

Anonymous said...

just too good.. no words to describe it.... congrats man....

Anonymous said...

bhai u r the 9th wonder

Anonymous said...

great work man keeep it up............

Achyut Telang said...

@ Vishal kr, gr8 artist??? I don't know about that......... I only know that I enjoy drawing.....thanks for the comment though!

Achyut Telang said...

@ Ankur, Thanks for the comment..I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

brother ure very good @ this ....this is awsm work....keep it up....tc

Achyut Telang said...

@ Samirum, Rajiv Gupta, Sneha, Thank you for the overwhelming response!!! :) I am humbled.

Anonymous said...

congrats bro.. grt drawing...

Anonymous said...

ek no bhaiiiiiiiii

Achyut Telang said...

@ Ramneek, Anoop, Gaurav, Thank you for all the wonderful comments..I will put them on my web page too!

Anonymous said...

hey ..bro...d real gud one yar... congo...mast artistic example hain...keep it up yar

Anonymous said...

woowww........!!!! amazing :)

Anonymous said...

waah achyut...amazing sketch...the face is so well proportioned...i can actually feel the intensity in the eyes...the fingers too...u must hv spent a lot of time on this sketch...y don't you display it in college...and give me a copy of it...well done man...

Anonymous said...

acchuyut bhai.....gr8 wrk....spectacular

Achyut Telang said...

@ Anuraj, Richa. Nice to receive wonderful comments from you....

Achyut Telang said...

@ anurag, Thank you for one of the best compliments I have received...What you said is exactly what I was aiming to capture- the feeling and the intensity....Yes, I spent quite a few hours on this and tried to pay as much attention to details as possible.

Anonymous said...

Amazing & spectacular work. No doubt about it.

Achyut Telang said...

@ Samirum, A huge thank you for your compliments which you are paying for the 4th time! :)

Anonymous said...

fabulous...achyut.marvelous work done....keep it up dear...keep rocking.!!!! its one of the best example of creativity b4 ma eyes.!!!!

Anonymous said...

HEy Achyut...great work dude...Keep the good work going...Best of Luck!!

Achyut Telang said...

@ SRIKANT, :)

Achyut Telang said...

@ Do good, The Phoenix, I am thankful for all the compliments and good wishes.

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

very much like Aamir now

Ingrid said...

Wow! That was very very nice.. and You got a lovely blog going on here! Keep it up! :)

Achyut Telang said...

@ LVS,
A special Thankyou to you because you were the first to say honestly and in a straightforward way that it didn't really look like Aamir Khan. So after that I worked a bit more on it, going into the finer details and thus your comments have made my portrait even better!
Thanks once again.

Achyut Telang said...

@ Ingrid,
Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Hi Achyut! I stumbled your Ghajini movie review and drawing of the actor. Thanks for all your insight there. I love the movie Memento and Ghajini is playing down the street from me. Perhaps I'll check it out.

Achyut Telang said...

@ Cassandra,
Thanks..So do tell me about the movie..I am sure you will like it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...